Chipley – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in the Big Bend area as crews perform construction and maintenance activities. In preparation for the Independence Day Holiday weekend, there will be no lane closures or other activities that impede traffic on state roads from 9 a.m. CST Wednesday, July 3 to 12:01 a.m. CST Monday, July 8.
- U.S. 98 Hurricane Michael Permanent Repairs from East Point to Carrabelle – Hurricane Michael recovery operations at the bridge continue. Intermittent lane closures can be expected until work is complete.
- U.S. 19 from U.S. 27 to North of Martin Road – Lane closures are anticipated Monday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 2 near Monticello as crews perform curb and sidewalk construction operations.
- State Road (S.R.) 20 from East of S.R. 65 to Ochlokonee River Bridge – Lane closures are scheduled Monday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 2 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. as crews begin paving the shoulders near the intersection of S.R. 267.
- S.R. 265 (Magnolia Drive) Resurfacing from U.S. 27 (Apalachee Parkway) to 7th Avenue – Motorists can expect lane closures between Apalachee Parkway and 7th Avenue and at the intersection of Apalachee Parkway and Magnolia Drive from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, June 30 to Tuesday, July 2 as crews continue roadway widening operations and sidewalk construction.
- S.R. 61 (Wakulla Springs Road) Roundabout from Wakulla County Line to U.S. 319 – Intermittent daytime lane closures may be experienced as crews continue drainage operations and intersection improvements. Traffic at the intersection of S.R. 61 and County Road 2204 has been changed from a four-way stop to a roundabout pattern.
- U.S. 27 (Monroe Street) from Clara Kee Boulevard to Harriet Drive – Intermittent daytime lane closures may be experienced Monday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 2 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. as crews prepare for material deliveries to the project site.
- U.S. 98 (Coastal Highway) Resurfacing from St. Marks River to the Jefferson County Line- Intermittent lane closures may be experienced as crews continue paving operations and drainage installation.
- U.S. 319 (Crawfordville Highway) from S.R. 267 to Leon County Line - Traffic will encounter intermittent northbound and southbound lane closures from C.J. Spears Road to Lonnie Raker Lane Friday, June 27 through Sunday, June 30 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. as crews install drainage.
All planned construction activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Motorists are reminded to pay attention to the speed limit when traveling through the construction area, to watch for construction equipment entering and leaving the roadway, and to use caution when driving through the work zone. Speeding fines double when workers are present.