9/9/2017 5:15 update
Hurricane Irma Update
Franklin County Emergency Management is activated to a Level 1 Activation Hurricane Weather Update:
- Irma has shifted a little more westward
- Further Shifts westward in the track could have large changes in the current forecast-
- A Hurricane Warning has been issued for the Big Bend Area.
- Main Threat is wind damage and widespread power outages, outages could take up to a week or more to restore.
- According to the current track, Tropical Storm Force winds can be expected to begin Sunday evening and end Monday Night of 9/11/2017. Secure all outdoor items such as chairs, grills, garbage cans and umbrellas that can move in the event of high winds.
- Rain Amounts of 4-6 inches across Southwest GA, Southwest AL, and western FL panhandle. Amounts of 2-4 inches include south-central GA and the eastern FL Big Bend
- Surge amount of 4-6 feet is expected to affect Dog Island, Alligator Point and Ball Point.
- A Storm Surge watch is in affect for the rest of Franklin County.
@FranklinEOC on Facebook – Like Our Page for Updates
Alert Franklin – Sign up at www.franklinemergencymanagement.com
Local Radio and TV Stations
WeatherStem- download app on phone or www.weatherstem.com
All Franklin County Schools are Closed Friday 9/8/2017 and Monday 9/11/2017 and Tuesday, 9/12/17 due to the evacuations out of Franklin County.
City of Apalachicola Office, Franklin County Office, and the City of Carrabelle will be CLOSED on Monday 9/11/2017.
Franklin County Emergency Management has issued a mandatory evacuation for all low-lying areas, mobile homes and Barrier Islands of Franklin County on 9/9/2017. This evacuation remains in effect.
A Mandatory Evacuation has been issued for St George Island, the bridge for the island will be closed to oncoming traffic as of Sunday, September 10, 2017, at 2:00. No one will be allowed to access the island from the mainland after 2:00 PM. There will be an officer staged at the East Point side of the island bridge.
Lawton Chiles High School Tallahassee
7200 Lawton Chiles Ln
Oak Ridge Elementary School
4530 Sheifer Rd
Tallahassee Fl- Full
Canopy Oaks @12:00-
North Woods Baptist Church
Blountstown High School
Marianna High School
Bonifay Middle School
Shoal River Middle School
Marie K Young Wedgewood Community Center
Pensacola Bay Center
Southwood Aptest Church-1307 Coy Burgess Loop- Defuniak Springs
Chipley First Baptist Church
RESIDENTS CAN GO TO WWW.FLORIDADISASTER.ORG and click the shelter link for up to date information
We will send a new update when new information becomes available.