Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Vision Coming to Past

Attached below you will find digital copies of a public speech I gave on June 25, 1998, and a newspaper article dated for June 30, of that same year. I gave the speech while a first year City Commissioner and as part of a program organized by a group of young mothers to raise funds to purchase playground equipment to place in one of our local parks. The article is the news coverage of that event.

While doing research at my Virtual Library, I read the speech anew and realized that the vision I spoke of during that event is slowly coming into fruition. I spoke of local government collaborating with and empowering individuals and groups within the community to assist with bringing about a desired change. I spoke about my vision for the future . . . anyway; you can read all about it by clicking the links below.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM EST

    Great idea!! This blog is such a good idea. I am so proud to be a citizen of Apalachicola!!

    ReplyDelete