Chipley, FL - Construction activities are taking place along state roads in the Big Bend Area. Drivers should practice caution while traveling in and around the following work zones the week of Sunday, Jan. 17, 2016 to Saturday, Jan. 23, 2016:
- State Road (S.R.) 30 (U.S. 98) from west of County Road (C.R.) 384 to the Apalachicola River Bridge- Work is nearing completion on this project.
- S.R. 12 from U.S. 90 to U.S. 27- Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures from Point Milligan Street to Camella Drive in Quincy beginning Sunday, Jan. 17 through Thursday, Jan. 21. Nighttime closures will be in place from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. EST with daytime lane closures continuing throughout the project limits. Crews will be rolling shoulders and working on guardrails.
- Interstate 10 (I-10) - Drivers will encounter alternating east and westbound lane closures, between mile markers 161 and 175 in Gadsden County, Tuesday, Jan. 19 and Wednesday, Jan. 20, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) as crews trim trees near the roadway.
- S.R. 20 over Burnt Mill Creek- Drivers can expect intermittent lane closures through the work zone, Tuesday, Jan. 19 through, Friday, Jan. 22.
- S.R. 63 (U.S. 27) from south of Lakeshore Drive to north of John Knox Road- Workers will add a new northbound lane to U.S. 27 and perform signal improvements at Allen and Sharer roads. Drivers can expect nighttime lane closures.
- I-10 Leon County Rest Areas- Rest area renovations and repairs are taking place at the I-10 rest areas in Leon County at MM 194. Both east and westbound facilities are closed. Motorists can use the Gadsden County facility located at MM 158 for eastbound travelers and MM 166 for westbound traffic and the Jefferson County facilities at MM 233 for east and westbound traffic. Construction is anticipated to be completed spring 2016.
- S.R. 261 (Capital Circle) from north of Park Avenue to C.R. 151- Northbound lane closures from Easterwood Drive to Mahan Drive, Monday, Jan. 18 to Thursday, Jan. 21, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for turn lane construction. Concrete work will take place from Centerville Road to Miccosukee Road. Workers will also perform work from the Railroad Overpass to Mahan Drive.
- C.R. 12- Crews are nearing completion of new sidewalk to connect the high school, sports complex, public library and pre-school along Harvell Street, Myers Ann Street and Michaux Road.
- S.R. 375 (U.S. 319) Shared Use Path – Drivers can expect daily lane closures as workers construct the shared use path.
All construction activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather. Motorists are reminded to pay attention and use caution when driving through the work zone. For more information follow the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.