Saturday, September 6, 2008

Apalachicola Honors Jimmy Mosconis

At the regular scheduled September meeting, City Officials honored Jimmy Mosconis, founder of the Three Servicemen Statue Southeast, Inc., with a plaque for his dedication and hard work in bringing the replica of the Three Soldiers Detail and the Circle of Freedom to his hometown.

Local residents will also have an opportunity later on to honor Mosconis. At our August meeting, the Commission voted unanimously to designate July 12 as Jimmy Mosconis Day throughout the City of Apalachicola.

Mosconis, a former County Commissioner from 1982-2006 was elected the same year I went to work for the County. He is the only man I know of, whom I disagreed with half of the time.

However, I hold him in high regard with profound respect. His leadership as a fiscal conservative while on the County Commission served as an inspiration to my service as an elected municipal official. I enjoyed working with him both as a county employee and in my capacity as a city official in the development of Veterans Memorial Plaza.

Thanks Jimmy for all that you have accomplished and meant to not only your hometown but also to the entire Franklin County community.

No comments:

Post a Comment