Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Saddened by the Loss

I was saddened to learn of the news this past Monday that 22-year old Brett Millender had passed. I have known Brett’s father Randy, since playing football against him during our high school years and Brett from when I coached little league baseball.

Brett loved the sport and played catcher, the hardest position on the field. I remember one summer when Brett and my youngest son Randall played together on a traveling team out of Wewahitchka and once on a county all-star team. I remember how respectful he was, always answering, yes sir, or no sir when asked a question. I remember that for such a young age he had a very keen knowledge of the game of baseball.

I guess what I remember about him the most, is that he was a good kid, and I am sure that his passing has left the entire community saddened. My prayers go out to his mom and dad during their hour of grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment