Chipley - Drivers are reminded to practice caution while traveling in and around the work zones in Northwest Florida Sunday, Dec. 4 through Saturday, Dec. 10.
- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will host a public kick-off meeting concerning proposed improvements to South Quincy Loop from State Road (S.R.) 267 to S.R. 10 (U.S. 90) East on Thursday, Dec. 8 at the University of Florida IFAS North Florida Research and Education Center, 155 Research Road, Quincy. The meeting will be held as an open house from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST. There will be no formal presentation.
- Bridge repair work is underway on S.R. 65 over Cash Creek Bridge. All work is being performed under the structure, drivers are reminded to use caution driving through the work zone.
- Following a routine safety inspection, FDOT engineers have recommend closure of the Pine Log Road Bridge over Pine Log Creek and Gully Branch Road Bridge over New River in Tate’s Hell State Forest.
- I-10 resurfacing from Mile Marker (MM) 225 to MM 236. Day time lane closures are taking place from the Madison County line to U.S. 19.
- I-10 resurfacing from MM 216 to MM 220. Construction activities are taking place along the corridor. Drivers can expect daytime lane closures along the corridor.
- I-10 Westbound Rest Area near MM 233 – Rest area closed for renovations.
- Nighttime work on S.R. 20 (Apalachee Parkway) from Monroe Street to Capital Circle NE. Workers are paving, installing sidewalk and repairing curb and gutter along the project corridor.
- Work to resurface and add paved shoulders on S.R. 263 (Capital Circle SW) from west of S.R. 61 (U.S. 319) to north of C.R. 2203 (Springhill Road) is taking place. Drivers will encounter east and westbound lane closures.
- Sidewalk repair work continues through Thursday, Dec. 22, on Capital Circle S.E. from Apalachee Parkway to Tram Road. Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures in the southbound outside lanes from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. There will be no lane closures Friday and Saturday nights.
- FDOT will host a public hearing referencing median closures and adjustments on S.R. 10 (U.S. 90) from the Gadsden County Line to east of Fernwood Road in Leon County. The hearing is Tuesday, Dec. 6 at Tallahassee Community College, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, in the Workforce Development Building #38, Rooms 105 & 107, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST, with a formal presentation at 6 p.m.
- Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures on U.S. 319 (Crawfordville Highway) from south of Old Crawfordville Highway to U.S. 98 and from U.S. 98 north to Alaska Way. Construction crews are also constructing the new southbound roadway and westbound turn lanes onto Coastal Highway.
For more information follow the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.