President Barack Obama
Today, September 28, 2016, President Obama issued a major disaster declaration for the State of Florida triggering the release of Federal funds to help people and communities recover from Hurricane Hermine that occurred August 31 to September 11, 2016. Details of the disaster declaration and assistance programs are as follows:
State of Florida
Federal Disaster Declaration Fact Sheet
September 28, 2016
Declaration Number: FEMA-4280-DR
Incident: Hurricane Hermine
Incident Period: August 31 to September 11, 2016
Federal Coordinating Officer: Terry L. Quarles, National FCO Program
Individual Assistance (IA): (Assistance to individuals and households):
IA-Designated Counties: Citrus, Dixie, Hernando, Hillsborough, Leon, Levy, Pasco, and Pinellas.
Public Assistance (PA): (Assistance for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities):
PA-Designated Counties: Citrus, Dixie, Franklin, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Pasco, Pinellas, Suwannee, Taylor, and Wakulla.
Hazard Mitigation (HM): (Assistance for actions taken to prevent or reduce long term risk to life and property from natural hazards):
HM-Designated Areas: All areas in the State of Florida are eligible for assistance under the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.
OTHER: Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the State and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.
Individuals in the counties of Citrus, Dixie, Hernando, Hillsborough, Leon, Levy, Pasco, and Pinellas can register with FEMA the following ways:
- Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Constituents may call the registration phone number at 1-800-621-3362; those who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362.
- Fact Sheet Public Assistance FY 2016
- Public Assistance Process Chart (In Four Easy Steps)
- The Unified Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grant Program Brochure Bi-fold
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program
- Assistance to Individuals and Households Fact Sheet FY 2016
- FEMA Individuals and Households Program Sequence of Delivery