Thursday, May 7, 2009

I respect your point of view

Proud Concerned "Local" Citizens of Apalachicola

Dear Proud Concerned “Local” Citizens of Apalachicola:

Thank you for copying me with your May 6, letter to the editor of the Apalachicola Times.

As I certainly respect your right to express your opinion, I firmly believe that as a lifelong resident of the City of Apalachicola and as it’s duly elected Mayor that our beloved city will never realize its full potential until all concerned move beyond the locals versus newcomer’s mentality.

We are going to have to come together as one community to address the problems that affects us all, the issues are too vast for the city to be divided on any front.

In addition, during the Mayoral race, I was up front and clear that I would be the Mayor for all the residents of Apalachicola and that it would not matter to my administration who you are, where you live, whether you just moved to the city or have lived here all your life. I pledged to represent, serve, and respond to everyone’s concerns equally.


In closing, please feel free at anytime to criticize my administration, I grow from constructive criticism. However, please don’t criticize me for being inclusive and for listening to others point of view, because as I see it, that’s exactly, why I was elected Mayor.

Respectfully,

Van W. Johnson, Sr., Mayor
The Historic City of Apalachicola

Link:
Letter to the Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment