Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Apalachicola!

At the onset of this holiday season, I like to take this opportunity to pause and give thanks for the many blessing we have received and to reflect upon how fortunate we are to live in such a wonderful city.

A city made wonderful and livable through the many dedicated men and women who make up our departments.

As I reflect, I like to thank Betty and her staff at City Hall for being responsive to the needs of the people and her personnel in the Street and Public Works Departments for keeping Apalachicola a clean and functional community.

I like to thank Bobby and his Police Officers for a job well done, in making Apalachicola a safe community to raise our families.

I like to express my sincere gratitude to Bert and the members of our Volunteer Fire Department for their wiliness to leave the comfort of their homes to come to the aid of this city.

To Ginger and the members of our First Responders; thank you for bringing prompt medical attention to us, during our dire times of need.

Most importantly, special thanks go to Jesus Christ and to the entire Apalachicola community, for entrusting me to be Mayor of this great city.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Van W. Johnson, Sr., Mayor
The Historic City of Apalachicola

No comments:

Post a Comment