Listed below are the rules and regulations that governs the pickup of garden and yard trash from the public right-of-way within the City of Apalachicola:
- Garden and yard trash piles MUST NOT BE MIXED with other waste or debris.
- Garden and yard trash piles must not exceed 4 feet by 4 feet by 12 feet.
- Shrubs/trunks or tree limbs must not exceed 6” in diameter.
- ALL leaves are required to be bagged. Waste Pro, the company contracted by the city to collect and haul household garbage, garden and yard debris will no longer pick up non-bagged leaves.
- Lawn care companies are required to dispose of debris generated. Waste Pro, will no longer pick up debris generated by lawn care companies.
Please do your part to help keep the beautiful, historic City of Apalachicola clean and debris free by following the above rules and regulations. It takes everyone’s help and cooperation to keep our community and environment pristine.
Click HERE for a copy of the Franklin County Solid Waste Department Right-of-Way Debris Pickup Rules and Regulations.